Sunday, August 15, 2010

As time goes by.

This morning I tasted something outside of my comfort zone. After feeling awkward and out of place for a few moments I began to feel at ease with my surroundings.

Today I stepped foot in a Southern Baptist Church.

My friend and I were warmly welcomed by...everybody. Men, women, young and old were all interested in meeting us and inviting us back to fellowship with them.

Great is Thy Faithfulness was sung in full gusto, prayers were from the core of the heart and the sermon was delivered with passion.

I love how the Lord hand picks sermons for us. I have been challenged recently by Hosea, thinking about how we are unfaithful to the Lord. We come to Him, sometimes look the other way and then return to Him. That's exactly what the preacher spoke about this morning. God's faithfulness to us.

This song by Brooke Fraser, "Hosea's wife" captures it:

"If we've eyes to see
If we've ears to hear
To find it in our hearts
and mouths the word
that saves is near
Shed that shallow skin
Come and live again
Leave all you were before
To believe is to begin."
-Brooke Fraser

I think it is so important to be rooted in a Church, become a member, get to know more of your international family and be fed each week. I'm asking the Lord which fellowship He has in mind of me. Please pray.

This last week has been known as "cleansing" week. A time of us individually coming to the Lord and asking Him "what do I have to cleanse within myself?" Several things have been placed on my heart which I am now walking out in and as the week continued more came up. It's tough changing things in your lifestyle but so worth it. I love to be challenged and at the end look back and see how far I've come. This one is going to be hard but I know that God will be walking me through it, every step of the way.

"Life's a climb, but the view's great."

Today we received a new staff member...whoop whoop! His name is Andrew and he has officially become the 3rd single guy staff member in our team. We are all very excited to welcome him here.

The other great thing about today was we had Indian for dinner. A food I never liked until I entered it's homeland and now I can't keep away. Devouring peanut chicken and coconut rice brings back memories of being surrounded by brown babies. :)

Well I better call it a night, my bed with twinkle lights surrounding it beckons.

Rest in the presence of our Creator.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

hi beautiful elby. love this post. takes me back to sharing a room with you in thailand and reading to each other every night. days so full to the brim that as our heads hit the pillow barely a word could be heard before we were sound asleep.

im praying for you.

Anonymous said...

hey LB
howzit, sorry for being silent all this long while.
read your entry, I am really pleased and proud of you. keep it up and may the Lord lead you to the right church. Ooh, southern baptist, you can't get any worse than that. I am a baptist you know, so you better be kind. they are a special breed though. I hope you make up your mind soon as.
cheers
nic