Sunday, August 29, 2010

Panthers.













Last weekend my friends and I were invited to watch the Carolina Panthers play American Football in downtown Charlotte. The Panthers are a part of the National Football League here in the U.S. You all know how much I love sport...so I was super excited to have this opportunity. First of all we went into the heart of Charlotte to watch part of a concert that the local Christian radio station was putting on and walked around the booths they had set up.

Then we headed over to the Bank of America Stadium, got some water bottles and found our seats. We watched the Panthers and the Tennessee Titans warm up, pray and then we stood up to hear the National Anthem being sung. Then it was all go. It was fun to be with a group of people who would jump up and cheer at touch down, help a Mexican wave get started and scream to get our teams moral up. And we won! Carolina Panthers 15 - Tennessee Titans 7.

A couple of days later everyone from our base got ready to celebrate Avery's (6) birthday at the local pool. It was such fun to splash around with the Vengala girls, have races down the slides and relax in the warm August sun.

This past week we started RESET again. A worship experience which we have had the privilege of being a part of for a year now. It focuses on worship, prayer and intercession and acting upon the word of the Lord. Every Thursday morning we gather together as a "core" and intercede for that evening. Tonight's RESET we had at the local university, Wingate. We went out promoting it last night to try and get freshman involved and any students that were interested in coming. You know what I'm learning more and more? That God works through small things like handing out fliers for RESET. Last night about 20 of us headed around the college campus to promote it. I strolled past a living room that had it's lights on and I could make out that there were a couple people sitting inside. I carried on up to the door and knocked. A guy called Thomas answered and we get chatting. It just so happened that he and I had met last year as I was handing out fliers and I had shared my testimony. It was wonderful to be able to re connect after one whole year. I then met an English guy, from Nottingham, who could not get his head around the fact that I am British, simply because of my accent!!! And this guy happens to be going out with an Ecuadorian girl. It was just one thing after another, that God had ordained. A time of relationships being built and a world that seems so big becoming smaller and smaller.

Tonight was the big night. We used the auditorium at the college and decked it out with banners and a few lights. We greeted folks at the door and handed them cookies and slushies. Worship, prayer for human trafficking, testimonies shared and more songs sung. "Your grace is enough, Your grace is enough, Your grace is enough for me." A night to remember, where hearts were joined together in singing to our Creator and lives united in beautiful partnership with Him. Again I was broken for the women and children who live in the bondage of slavery, again God spoke words of my destiny upon me, again I was angered about the injustices of this world, again the Lord poured His grace upon me for the sins I have committed and again His love completely overwhelmed me.

No comments: