Wednesday, October 20, 2010

2 weeks on.

Two weekends ago we road tripped to Boone, NC. A gorgeous location in the mountains where we could view the changing of the leaves, from every shade of green to vibrant yellows, orange and red. The pictures doesn't do it justice. We packed up our vans at 11:30 in the morning, bringing plenty of trail mix to snack on, mountain dews and chocolate milk to gulp, Disney music to listen to and wonderful company to make the trip special.

We chatted, laughed, shared hearts and sang for the two hours it took us to drive there. When we arrived in the heart of the mountains we rolled down the windows, cranked up Hillsong worship and rode around admiring God's handiwork, tears fell at viewing the beauty of creation. A moment that I will forever cherish.

We stopped every now and again to snap photos, sit by lakes, hike up trails, ramble through the woods and relax in the sun.

At 7pm we turned into Woodlands BBQ, ordered our southern BBQ with beans, slaw, hush puppies and corn and enjoyed one another's company with the sound of College Football on TV in the background. We then rode back home as the stars pinned themselves onto the black cushion of the sky.

Content.

Last week we had a speaker called Pat who spoke on Sexuality. It was so helpful having a Godly woman openly speak to us what many people are too embarrassed to talk about. A week I won't forget.

This past weekend everyone decided they wanted to participate in a YWAM Charlotte Volleyball Tournament...so that's what we did. Dressed up crazy looking, as we do and hit that ball around for hours. My team had Victory written across our faces, losers may have been a better phrase to write.

The DTSers are just amazing. I love each one of them and I'm inspired by them. They are all so willing to lay their lives down for the Lord and seek His heart for them.

This week we have been walking the students through Ancient Paths. A process of being released from deep wounds, plucking sin out of our lives, rebuking lies that we have believed for so long and walking out in freedom. It's been intense, difficult and exhausting for everybody involved. Inner healing is always like that.

I'm so thankful that the Lord forgives, restores and redeems. Through everything His love is unconditional.

God...God...God. I wish I could find the words to describe how awesome He is and all the wonderful things He has done for me.

Thank You God for loving me. Thank You God for setting me free. Thank You God that I can find my identity in You. Thank You God for leading and guiding me. Thank You God for giving me the strength each day to live out my calling. I LOVE YOU.

"I've seen I AM, now I know that I am loved. I've seen I AM, now I know who I am." ~Jonathan David Helser

I am full of excitement at what I am about to share. As many of you know, I struggle with back problems, stemming from different injuries over the years. Also I have problems with my knees and recently my left knee began hurting all the more, mainly from playing more sport and going running more often. Last Thursday during intercession one of our friends knew the Lord was asking him to call forward anyone with a left leg problem so that we could pray for healing. Two of us came forward, we were prayed for, believed in the power of the Lord and were healed!!!!!!!!!! Since then my knee has just been AMAZING. The Lord really does work miracles. Later that night after sharing at the Church service what had happened that morning, I went and asked for prayer again, but this time for my back. As my friend was praying I felt the pain move from the left side of my back to the right side of my back and then left my body. I now only have a slight pain in my shoulders and in the lower part of my right back. I got my friend to feel to see if a lot of my knots were loosened and they were! Since then I have not felt any pain in the left side of my back. PRAISE GOD! The Great Physician has worked another miracle in my life. I cannot express to you how excited I am to wake up in the morning feeling so much more free, able to lift up fairly heavy things without an ache in my back and to move around more freely on the volleyball court.

How awesome is our God?



pictures to come.

No comments: