Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fall.


Tie Dye Time!


These last two weeks have been full of excitement. DTS has begun, our house is full of girls, the leaves are changing colour, our mornings have been full of lectures, prayer, worship and intercession.

The other night everyone ran out to Salvation Army to find cheap white shirts to make tie dye. A lot of fun was had making up new designs, getting hands covered in pinks and blues and the next day rinsing them out to see what they all looked like.

On Thursday we had RESET, a time of praying for one another and personal time with God. At the end this song was played which spoke straight to my heart:

"My chains are gone,
I've been set free,
My God my Saviour has ransomed me,
and like a flood His mercy reigns,
unending love,
AMAZING GRACE."

I'm still learning what it means to walk out in the freedom that the Lord has given me. What it truly means to be forgiven.

On Friday morning we announced that India will be the outreach location. I wish you all could have seen the excitement that filled the classroom, we played a slideshow with Indian background music which everyone got up to dance to and then we celebrated with cups of ginger chai and samosas made by Indians themselves. :)

That night we finished off the week with a bang by watching Slumdog Millionaire out on the Front Porch.

This weekend has been spent playing Football (English), having a staff meeting, going to Church, writing letters, accounting, making quick trips to Walmart and celebrating the birthday of Tiffany~one of my roomies and one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. As she is a sweet tooth, chocolate chip cookies were made and milk was poured...hmm.

Everyone is beginning to get to know each other on a deeper level now which is so exciting, I love intimacy.

God is doing amazing works in this school. The works of the Spirit are so evident in each worship time, during prayer and even while everyone is listening to the speakers. They are all an incredible group, on fire for God, yearning for more, wanting to be broken for the lost, desiring to have their hearts connected with the Father, willing to see lives changed, daring to step out into the unknown and expecting God to move.

I love seeing God move.

No comments: