Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lakehouse.


Taken right from the dock.

Friends.


Truly shows each of our characters.

One morning we swam across this lake and then kayaked back...



I realise that I have not blogged in quite a while...hence the two posts coming up.

This first one is all about the weeks leading up to DTS.

We had a staff retreat about an hour away from our house...we traveled up in our new van, singing songs, reading books and chit chatting. I was expecting to arrive at a fairly small log house by the side of a lake, um no...we came up to a big house with lots of windows overlooking a small dock and a gorgeous lake.

The three days were spent having meetings, swimming in the lake, kayaking, lounging and reading, drying off in the warm sun, worshiping, the boys playing the guitar, laughing and talking in the moonlight.

I wish pictures would show exactly what a place looked like and all the emotions you were feeling at the time. However Berkeley has captured well the place where God spoke many words over my life, where He danced over me and sung softly while I watched the moon shimmer over the waters edge.

No comments: