Saturday, December 25, 2010

White Christmas.

My dream came true for the first time in my life...snow began falling at midnight last night and when I awoke this morning the ground was sprinkled with a thin layer of white stuff. :)

Christmas with the Roegers is like I'm home. This is the second year that I've been able to spend my Christmas week with them. I now have my own stocking hanging over their fireplace! They've been very generous at welcoming me into their beautiful home and letting me join in with all of their traditions. Hot chocolate with coffee, sausage and gravy with biscuits, driving to see Christmas lights, Church on Christmas eve, bowling, lunch at a steakhouse, the Olive Garden, card games, watching Elf and Christmas Vacation and spending time with the grandbabies.

Of course it's not just about the presents, the traditions and the snow. I don't ever want to forget my Saviour, the reason why I'm here in the US, the reason that I want to go to India, the reason I desire to see injustices changed and those who don't have a voice, speaking up for themselves in the name of Jesus.

This is a time to remember.

No comments: