Sunday, January 9, 2011

Learning to be loved...

One week can provide a lot of changes...
from 25 girls all sharing on house, to me house sitting with Amanda and looking after Shock...a yellow lab.
from constantly hearing a guitar being played, to occasionally hearing myself strum the strings.
from no car, to being blessed with a car from a friend for a month.

These past few days have been days full of blessings, not only for myself but also for those around me. Amanda, one of the DTS students received the rest of her money, so tomorrow she will be venturing to the land of India to meet the rest of her group there. A friend of mine provided me with a purple bicycle, which I love and I'm now riding everywhere, even if I only have to walk down the road. The Lord truly pours HIS blessings upon us, which I'm so thankful for.

This next week holds lots of busy times! Preparation, cleaning the house, recruiting, writing emails and finishing up last minute details before the big day...Sunday. The day when 5 students (so far) will arrive at the Blakeney House to spend the next six months with us. :)

Recently I've been learning how to be loved by God. The only way I'll truly be able to love myself is by letting God love me first. And that can be easier said then done.

No comments: