Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cage break...

Last weekend I went to a Jonathan David Helser concert, and this is not just any kind of a concert. It was a time of breaking free from religion, letting go of things that have once held me down, letting God lead me in worship through dance and song and being a part of a generation rising up with passion to see the Lord's name be praised.

One of the songs we sang went like this:

"I'm gonna shout out loud,
let my voice be heard,
it's a song of victory,
ringing through earth!"

How often do we feel like our voice is not being heard? That our prayers are not doing anything? That we can't speak up? I think FAR too often!

Being in a room filled with youth, toddlers, older people and the middle aged who were crying out to the Lord, declaring that their voices will be heard whilst dancing on the chains of different things that have held us back was tear jerking. I'm so thankful that I can be a part of this generation rising up to see God be glorified. What an honour and a privilege.

God has given me a voice to not only stand up for what I believe is right and true but to speak up for those who don't have a voice, to intercede for the lost, to pray for the hurting, to speak light into the darkness, to disciple others and to encourage and build up those around me.

Our voices are full of power when we are filled with the Holy Spirit, satan wants nothing more than for us to keep silent. So I will not back down, I will cry out, I will stand up and fight because I know the One who has the key to victory.

The last two weeks we have had a couple come and share their hearts with us and the Discipleship Training School. They've covered forgiveness and reconciliation, relationships and foundations. They also showed us a video of Louie Giglio speaking at the Passion Conference (a massive conference for 20's, held each year in Atlanta, GA). It showed some of the stars that God breathed into being...I was wrecked after watching it. I almost don't have even have words to describe what it did to me, as I watched earth get zoomed out and onto the sun, a star that we think is fairly large and onto more and more stars many light years away that are way more MASSIVE than I could have ever imagined! I would recommend you watch it, it's called How Great is our God by Louie Giglio...

This school is fabulous, we have five students who I love already! They are so wonderful, energetic, ready to get out there and see the nations transformed through Christ. They're full of visions and dreams, passion and desire to fall more deeply in love with Jesus. :)

I love all of this. I love the fact that God has called me here for this time. I love North Carolina. I love my family over here. I love seeing beauty arise from the ashes in different aspects of my life.

Please be praying for my visa...it still has not come through yet, so I'm just waiting and praying, waiting and praying some more! I know it will all work out in His timing, for right now I will learn even more about patience.

Also here's a link to one of JDH's songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4i9jMzGw9w It's called Endless Ocean. One of my favourite songs.

I love y'all and do so appreciate your support from your side of the pond and world.

No comments: