Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sundays.

It's Sunday afternoon, the sun's rays are shining through the window panes in the Blakeney House office, I'm listening to "We Crown You" by Fee and thinking back on the last 4 weeks of the school, reminding myself of what we've learned, the fun times, the hard times, the God filled moments and intimated moments.

There's nothing quite like staffing a DTS, having one on ones with the students, encouraging them when things are difficult and expressing joy when things are bright! To have these moments when the Lord takes over my words are special. There have been many times when I've left a one on one thinking "wow God, that was totally You! Thank You." When we simply say yes He uses us!

Here are a few quotations from the last few weeks that have hit home:

"Suffering does not mean that God has stopped loving us." -The Hiding Place.

"It is no easy thing to stand in the palm of God." -The Hiding Place.

"Ask God what His will is for your life, but not unless you are willing to do it!" -Janet Ditto.

"God speaks to diligent enquirers, not mere acquaintances." -Joy Dawson.

"I'm never freer than when I'm walking in the perfect will of God." -Bridgett Blatz

"Without vision, people perish." -Bridgett Blatz

"It's not about rules and regulations, do's and don'ts, it's about a relationship with Jesus."

"Humility should be your strength, human strength turns to fear."


This is just a taster of what I've been getting each week!

Every Saturday we watch a movie to do with Compassion. One movie we watched was called The Power of One, all about apartheid. I was deeply moved by the main character's passion and get up and go to see the injustices changed. In the movie he hikes out to a massive waterfall which has so much power and in the moment he says "and it all begins with one drop!" That is one phrase that will stick with me forever. We can be that one drop.

Well I'm going to go have some Jesus time, play some guitar, tidy my room and soak up the sun while I can.

No comments: