Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gabrielle.

I was wanting to post photos, just for a little more insight into my life recently. However with Facebook it's been more tricky to copy pictures, it may take me a while to figure things out.

Anyway...
This morning I'm at my base director's house, babysitting their precious girl from Togo. She'd woken up this morning and was all dressed and ready but when she tried to eat breakfast she conked right out. I've been watching her sleep and I have to say, there's nothing more precious than watching a content child...snoring. This little girl, Gabi, has a special place in my heart.

I think about when I first met her last summer. She was a small 3 year old with big wondering eyes. It must be strange to be pulled away from everything you've ever known, from a small village in Africa to a bustling city in the south. Now if you saw her you almost wouldn't be able to recognise her. She's grown a bigger belly, she's far more responsive and walks without any aid.

I've been pondering on how much I love this bundle of joy, and my thoughts soon change from me to God. How He's always had her on His mind, from before the world was made. How He has a BIG plan for her, one that is bigger than she could ever imagine. And how much more He must love her, His precious princess.

We've shared some sweet moments together, giggles, hugs and talks. I can't wait for my little friend to wake up.

No comments: