Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sun filled gardens with orange lilies and honey bees.

Each year I jet across the Atlantic ocean to a place I've once called home. Here I am again, sitting in my family's cottage, snacking on biscuits, watching Wimbledon and hearing the cars buzz by on the country lanes.

Every time I come back to England I wonder how it's all going to look. I begin to think about who must be taller than me, because they've turned 12 or 13. I ponder on how much more mature my little brother and sister are going to be, because they're not really little anymore. And I continue to imagine...

Everything can change in a year, heights and weights, sounds and looks, buildings and towns and people. We have a choice, we can reject the change, or we can embrace it. I know which I would rather do.

This past year the Lord has changed so much within me and is continuing to transform me into a likeness of Him. Work in progress. I recently heard a quote, something that is written on Ruth Bell Graham's headstone: "End of construction. Thank you for your patience." Wow. What a statement!

Since I've been here, I've celebrated my 22nd birthday, been to the American embassy and had my visa accepted-Praise Jesus, had a meeting with my youth pastor, cheered on Novak Djokovic (from home), seen my friends at Church and hung out with my extended family.

On July 20th I'll be winding my way back to North Carolina to continue my journey over there. Please be praying that my three more weeks at home will be restful, productive and filled with the Lord.

No comments: