Saturday, February 11, 2012

India.






I’m sitting in a small classroom, in the city of Jaipur listening to exotic birds coo in the trees and children out playing on the streets.

Everyday I have woken up in this beautiful land thinking how blessed I am to be here. For me there is no place like India. Although I’m tired and sometimes I get frustrated I cannot think of a better place to be.

At the moment we’re working with slum children, teaching them Bible stories in school and visiting their homes each week to do health care (hair cutting, teeth cleaning and doing their nails). It’s wonderful to build relationships not only with the children themselves but with their families. Some of them are from Christian homes so we’re able to share our testimonies, verses that are special to us and teach them songs.

My Hindi learning is slow! But it’s always fun to learn words like “shanti” (meaning quiet) from the children.

One special friend to me is Sheba, she’s a 14 year old who does not come from a Christian home, however she loves the Lord with all of her heart, you can tell simply by the way she smiles. We are constantly reading scripture together. Every week I’ll be able to visit her, drink some chai with her, listen to how her week as been and talk more about the Bible. It’s precious children like her that need encouragement to stay strong even though times are hard.

I cannot express how much I love each of these dear children. They are precious to my heart.

We will be here in Jaipur for the next four weeks, reaching out to the local community, encouraging those around us and praying, praying, praying!!!

God has been speaking a lot to me through the life of David recently, how even though he was by no means a perfect man he continued to repent, receive forgiveness and walk out in the grace that God gives so freely. Sometimes it's so easy for me to strive for perfection and then kick myself when I make mistakes and fail but God doesn't call us to that...He calls us learn from our mistakes and lean on Him for the strength that we need to do better next time.

Please remember our team in your prayers with good health, pray against passivity and a continued love of life here.

Here's a few pictures of our outreach so far:

No comments: