Tuesday, April 17, 2012

India. Week 15.

Hindi, Hindi and more Hindi. Everyday my brain is fried with trying to learn new sounds, words or phrases. I knew this was going to be a major step for me, learning a script language, but in some areas it has been easier than I thought and in others it has been far more difficult.

My friend, Brittany and I have almost finished learning the alphabet. As we walk or drive down the streets we try and read the signs painted on the side of the road and even though we cannot make sense of what the word means, being able to pronounce it fills us with joy. Accomplishment.

Back in time…

At the beginning of March I waved my loved team of 13 girls off to the USA to graduate their DTS. It was hard to believe that two and a half months had flown by. We had had jam packed days of ministry, loving on dirty children on the streets, doing programs at a school, preaching at Churches, encouraging Pastors, praying healing over the sick in a village and seeing healings! And combing out knotted hair of kids in the slums.

Each of the girls on my team grew so dear to my heart, watching them push past the hard things, encouraging one another when they wanted to be passive and most importantly letting God rule in each area of their lives. We saw victories, testimonies were made, healings happened and light called the darkness out.

I had the great pleasure of leading with my friend, Sarah. She is a precious woman who loves Jesus with her whole heart. It was her second time to India, we both share a passion for this nation. I could not have asked for a better support, I can honestly say she was my rock in many situations.

What an awesome God we serve, that He would enable me to be in my heartland, learning a new language among people whom I treasure dearly all in hopes of returning here long term.

Next Step…

Brittany and I have two months left here in India before we return to North Carolina. Please be praying for good health, for us to be made stronger, not only in our relationship with each other but with God too, for protection in our travels and for a continued focus on what we are here to do…

Vision…

Most of you already know my heart in wanting to move to India to help those involved in human sex trafficking…this is the time that both Brittany and I are taking time to pray into this vision that we have. For more insight and clarity into what God is speaking. I’m so excited that this plan He has given us is being brought into reality.

Thank you all for your continued love, prayers and support.

No comments: